A blog by an Irishwoman, written in both English and Swedish, depending on what humour is on me....
En blogg av en irländska, skriven på svenska och engelska.
Just scroll down to find the English bits among the Swedish, or vice versa.

Ta Gaeilge agam freisin, más é an rud é go bhfuil éinne eile le Gaeilge ag léamh mo bhlagsa.

Ich verstehe auch ein bisschen Deutsch, je parle un petit peu francais och klarar av lite norska med.

Wondering about the background of the blog? They're the Cliffs of Moher, in the neighbouring county, County Clare, 8km long, 700m high, and magnificent. Well worth a visit if anyone is around the West of Ireland



Monday, November 14, 2016

Spinning my yarns!

It has been a long while since I was in in here in the blog. I took up Facebook and it took over, I think.
I went back to work last May after the surgery in April, and all is very well now. I had no complications. I started Slimming World also in May and so far I have lost 2 stone, that is about 13 kilos. I am very happy with that. Onwards and upwards (or downwards, hopefully, the weight anyway).
We have 2 daughters in college now. Both are going to University of Limerick, which is about 20 mins drive from here. They stay in town, near the University, so they can live the student life and so I do not have to buy and pay for a car for them. Parking is a problem in the University, so it is just as easy to have the girls within walking distance of the University.
I am back at school again. My husband just got a new job.
I am still very interested in spinning and learning to weave, and knitting and all fiber things. I may allow this blog to go into hibernation, as I just want to follow the Spinning wherever it takes me.

I hope all of you out there are well and I am looking forward to reading your blogs after this post.
 In the meantime, if you are on Facebook, you can find my FB page if you search for Spin Me A Yarn Ireland. The photo should be a purple and yellow skein of wool.
That's all for now folks!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you are doing fine! I looked for you on Facebook, but couldn't find you. Perhaps you could send me a friend request if you would like. You can find me on Facebook as Kristie Hammond.

    ReplyDelete