En blogg av en irländska, skriven på svenska och engelska.
Just scroll down to find the English bits among the Swedish, or vice versa.
Ta Gaeilge agam freisin, más é an rud é go bhfuil éinne eile le Gaeilge ag léamh mo bhlagsa.
Ich verstehe auch ein bisschen Deutsch, je parle un petit peu francais och klarar av lite norska med.
Wondering about the background of the blog? They're the Cliffs of Moher, in the neighbouring county, County Clare, 8km long, 700m high, and magnificent. Well worth a visit if anyone is around the West of Ireland
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
my first Award, min första Award!
I was delighted to be nominated for an award from Irish Mammy on the Run, so thanks to Irish Mammy for this 'Kreativ Blogger' award!
As part of the award, I have to share seven interesting snippets of information about myself and then pass it on. So here goes...
1. I have a saxophone in the attic, and I know how to use it! I always wanted to play the saxophone and I finally went and got lessons in 1994, 1995. I bought myself my own saxophone but then in mid-1995 I had my first child and the saxophone has taken a back seat since then. It is now waiting with the accordion, the tinwhistle and the Irish flute, which are all also in storage. Their day will come....
2. I worked a few summers as a Youth Hostel Warden in my twenties, in a youth hostel in Dublin, in a hostel in Killala Co Mayo and in a hostel in Arthurstown Co Wexford. I got free board in a Sydney (yes, Sydney, Australia) youth hostel in exchange for cleaning.
3. I met my husband-to-be in a youth hostel on Achill Island off the west coast of Ireland in 1989 and we are still together 21 years later.
4. I've had 3 big trips in my life: first one was interrailing in Europe aged 20; second one was to Thailand, Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand Hawaii, San Francisco and JFK NY on a round the world ticket, 11 months away all told; and the third one was a holiday when I lived in Sweden, to Norway, Faroe Islands, Shetland and Orkney Islands, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland and home to Gothenburg via London, using only ferries and road transport.
5. I like observing wildflowers and I like to know their names in Latin as well as English and sometimes even Swedish.
6. I am forgetful, disorganised, not a good cook and not good at keeping time.
7. Other jobs I've had include working as a shop assistant in Roches Stores in Limerick, a cleaner for a dentist in Gothenburg city centre, a teacher of English to Swedish adults and a home language teacher in Gothenburg to children with English as their mother tongue. I worked in a hospital in Randwick, Sydney. I also taught English to young Chinese adults in Sydney too. I even tried to be a housekeeper for a rich Australian woman and her 16 yr old daughter but that wasn't my best monent.... I lasted 3 days, I let the swimming pool overflow, I let the pet dog escape, I couldn't get a lizard out of the house, and I forgot to defrost the chicken kebabs in time(see nr 6 above!). I quit that job.....
Thanks for the award Irish Mammy, you'll be glad to know that it's going to Sweden next.
Nu orkar jag inte översätta allt detta till svenska, vi har uppemot 70% luftfuktighet och jag håller på att gå upp i ånga....
Jag skulle vilja vidarebefordra denna Award till följande, vars bloggar jag har läst ändå sedan jag började blogga själv:
Skogsfrun på Dal
Cottage by the Cranelake.
Torsdag kväll och inga matcher, bara läxor, barnen sitter på altanen och läser läxorna.
Vi hörs till helgen,