A blog by an Irishwoman, written in both English and Swedish, depending on what humour is on me....
En blogg av en irländska, skriven på svenska och engelska.
Just scroll down to find the English bits among the Swedish, or vice versa.

Ta Gaeilge agam freisin, más é an rud é go bhfuil éinne eile le Gaeilge ag léamh mo bhlagsa.

Ich verstehe auch ein bisschen Deutsch, je parle un petit peu francais och klarar av lite norska med.

Wondering about the background of the blog? They're the Cliffs of Moher, in the neighbouring county, County Clare, 8km long, 700m high, and magnificent. Well worth a visit if anyone is around the West of Ireland



Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Saturday and spring-cleaning

Back to the old Google interface for me today,as I just can't find my way around the new interface as easily as the old.
My daughter's first cast came off her arm, when the swelling went down, I suppose. So we had to go back to the doctor and then the hospital, to have another cast put on. So that was another chunk of a day given over to hospitals etc.
It was Good Friday yesterday, Langfredag in Swedish. Years ago, when I was a kid, the shops were all closed, and it used to be a day for staying at home, eating a fish dinner, then ceremonies in the church at 3pm. Times have changed, yesterday on the way back from the hospital, we called in to a large shopping centre, and it was full of people. On the otherhand I would say that attendances at the Easter cceremonies have gone down....
Today is Easter Saturday, tomorrow Easter Sunday. You can be sure that my children are only thinking of how many Easter eggs they might get.
On Monday, it will be my son's 6th birthday! He learned to cycle his bike without stabilisers/training wheels, and he has also had a growth spurt so he may be getting a new bicycle for his birthday(!) I have cleared out his clothes and today I am giving away 4 bags of clothes he has outgrown to 4 friends. Luckily I was given a lot of clothes by friends as my son was growing up, so I feel I want to pass on the clothes to others when he is finished with them.
There is plenty more to declutter! Spring-cleaning here I come....!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you were able to get lots of knitting done while you were waiting for your daughter to get her new cast on. Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete