A blog by an Irishwoman, written in both English and Swedish, depending on what humour is on me....
En blogg av en irländska, skriven på svenska och engelska.
Just scroll down to find the English bits among the Swedish, or vice versa.

Ta Gaeilge agam freisin, más é an rud é go bhfuil éinne eile le Gaeilge ag léamh mo bhlagsa.

Ich verstehe auch ein bisschen Deutsch, je parle un petit peu francais och klarar av lite norska med.

Wondering about the background of the blog? They're the Cliffs of Moher, in the neighbouring county, County Clare, 8km long, 700m high, and magnificent. Well worth a visit if anyone is around the West of Ireland



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

knit and crochet blog week day 2



So it's time for day 2 of knit and crochet blog week!

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!

I've never knitted a shawl, or a pair of socks or a blanket, though these last weeks I have been knitting A4 sized patches for an Art Student in Limerick, who will use 3000 patches to make a giant wall hanging which will be hung in a public space in Limerick. So I guess I could tackle a shawl, a pair of socks (are they not itchy and too thick with shoes?) and a blanket.
What do I aspire to otherwise? - deciding what exactly to knit with the yarns I have in my knitting box and knitting them! that blue cotton, the lime-green slubby wool, the dark brown homespun wool I bought from a spinning teacher, and the blue,red and white cotton I've had for a while...
I also would like to do a bit of spinning, but that might get too addictive, also time- and money- and space-consuming, not to talk about what to do with the yarn I might spin.... best to wait a bit to realise that dream...

Annars så går livet vidare...
jobbet, matcher, tvätt, psykologikursen och en långhelg nu till helgen, mumsfilibaba!
dåså, dags att stå upp från datorn...
ha det bra
liz

No comments:

Post a Comment