A blog by an Irishwoman, written in both English and Swedish, depending on what humour is on me....
En blogg av en irländska, skriven på svenska och engelska.
Just scroll down to find the English bits among the Swedish, or vice versa.

Ta Gaeilge agam freisin, más é an rud é go bhfuil éinne eile le Gaeilge ag léamh mo bhlagsa.

Ich verstehe auch ein bisschen Deutsch, je parle un petit peu francais och klarar av lite norska med.

Wondering about the background of the blog? They're the Cliffs of Moher, in the neighbouring county, County Clare, 8km long, 700m high, and magnificent. Well worth a visit if anyone is around the West of Ireland



Monday, April 26, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blog week, Stickning och Virkning BloggVecka



Hello all, here's an idea from eskimimi, try this link for more info.

eskimimi

I read about it on Cloudberry's blogg, which is here

Let's tackle question 1:
Starting Out

How and when did you begin knitting/crocheting? was it a skill passed down through generations of your family, or something you learned from Knitting For Dummies? What or who made you pick up the needles/hook for the first time? Was it the celebrity knitting ‘trend’ or your great aunt Hilda?


I started knitting when I was in primary school, in about 2nd or 3rd class. My mother was our class teacher and she taught all the girls to knit, at that time boys were not taught to knit. I remember vividly the shape of the first piece I knit, it looked almost like a triangle, I must have unknowingly increased stitches as I knitted and the top was decidedly wider than the bottom.
I went on to develop a love of knitting and my mum took me and my sister to buy wool to knit a sweater. I remember that long baggy grey sweater. I also knit an Icelandic sweater in my early teens. I found the pattern in a bag of knitting stuff last week. I love knitting and am now getting back into it. I love the way I can do it anywhere, it's very calming, it's forgiving, you can always rip back a bit and change your mind. Today i knit at home over breakfast, at lunch at work, after work listening to my children's homework, in the car, in front of the computer and on a short walk!!! That's a first, I've never knit whil out walking before...

Man kan vara med i Knit och Crochet Blog Week utan att man skriver på engelska, läs mer om det hos eskmimi.
Jag vet att många av er som stickar eller virkar redan har ett stort nätverk i bloggosfären, men det här kan vara roligt att vara med i.



God natt för nu,
good night,
codladh samh...
liz

1 comment:

  1. Har du nå tips åt mig för jag ska resa till Irland? :)

    ReplyDelete